Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My True North

Alright, people, the time is nigh. The urge to do permanent, non-sun-related damage to my skin has become overwhelming. Plans are in the works for a Girls' Tattoo Night Out and I need to be prepared. The picture below is the closest I've found to the idea I have for my art, but after my unfortunate experience in Minnesota, I want to go in with my exact image in hand. So once again, our inspiration is The North Star. L'etoile du Nord, as it were. I like the organic, fluid elements of this star image, and the incorporation of the compass rose arms to clarify the directional element, but I would ideally like either a 9-point star or a 5-point with the 4 directional arms. So go to it, artsy types. Time's running out for you to make your mark on SAM.

6 comments:

RJA said...

This is all good to see because up until now I mistakenly thought you wanted a picture of Ringo Starr tattooed on you.

Sweet Sassy Molassy said...

I can't draw but I'm ready for tattoo night! Let's set a date. Who's in.

Stephanie said...

I'm in!

Stacey Greenberg said...

me!

however, we will need to find a dude that either works fast or has lots of friends.

maybe "tattoo afternoon" followed by drinks would work better.

Stacey Greenberg said...

i should clarify that my attendance at tattoo night/afternoon/whatever will be as a spectator/mamarazzi.

Tawnya said...

I may be too late, but check out this website:
http://www.myklebust-sears.com/portfolio2.html

My pal, Andrea did all of the mosaic floors at the Minneapolis airport and there are some similar stars (with more points) in her online portfolio.