Thursday, October 05, 2006

Working For The Weekend

Now's the part of the week when I start looking through the Flyer to figure out which shows I won't be able to see this weekend. Tonight, Blair's got a showcase spot at the Folk Alliance's "No Boundaries" party, which is basically a party celebrating the exact quirky little genre in which I've found myself entrenched. The info says it's free for "members of the Mid-south music and media arena." I'm not sure how you prove that you're a member. Maybe by quoting Lucero lyrics or being able to tell what the "T" stands for in Harlan T. Bobo.

Then there's Jimmy's shows. My poor neglected Jimmy. He's playing Otherlands on Saturday, and then joining up with the most intriguing band in Memphis, The Cooking Hookers, at the Buccaneer on Sunday. But barring the sudden heavenly descent of Mary Poppins, it doesn't look like I'll be able to catch either one. Sorry, guys! Why can't you ever play anywhere with a ballpit?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What the hell is a ballpit?